The practice offers routine and advanced dentistry with two main aims:
- Enhance your horse’s performance.
- Maintain correct function of your horse’s mouth for as long as possible.
The dental team at Fellowes is led by Richard Meers who was the third vet ever to achieve the RCVS Certificate of Advanced Veterinary Practice in Equine Dentistry in 2013 and is recognized as an RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Equine Dentistry. He is also due to sit his BEVA/BAEDT equine dental technician exam in March which will make him one of very few BAEDT qualified equine dentists in the area.
Richard regularly undertakes training with all the vets here at Fellowes who are all able to offer routine dentistry to a high standard.
The dental services we offer are:
- Full dental examination prior to formulating and discussing a treatment plan
- Dental floating and occlusal surface equilibration (performance floating)
- Dental charting
- Wolf tooth removal
- Cap removal in young horses
- Motorized reduction of dental overgrowths
- Dental extractions
- Treatment of diastemata and periodontal disease
- Dental radiography
- Cheek tooth and incisor extractions
If you would like to discuss your horse’s dental requirements please phone Richard at the practice, who will be more than happy to chat through any questions you might have.